An example of the tried and true would be as follows:
- Breakfast: egg white omelet with small bowl of oatmeal
- Snack: protein bar
- Lunch: turkey sandwich with whole wheat bread and an apple
- Snack: beef jerky
- Dinner: grilled chicken breast with green beans and broccoli
- Keeping your serving sizes palm/fist size.
This method has worked for decades.
This is basically eating just meat and veggies. Limit fruits, breads, pastas/carbohydrates of any kind. The goal is to get the body into a fat burning state called ketosis. It’s following the "tried and true method" but with limited carbohydrate intake. I have found that people who try to maintain this lifestyle will tend to eat carbs at some point, thus breaking out of ketosis and having to start over again.
Intermittent Fasting or Time Restricted Eating
- 12 hours off and 12 hours on
- 16 hours off and 8 hours on
- 20 hours off and 4 hours on
- One meal a day